- "But wherever I found the living, there I heard also the speech on obedience. Whatever lives, obeys. And this is the second point: he who cannot obey himself is commanded. That is the nature of the living." -- (Thus Spoke Zarathustra)
- "I still live, I still think: I still have to live, for I still have to think." -- Nietzsche
- "No man ever steps into the same river twice, for it is not the same river; and he is not the same man." -- Heraclitus
- "Out of the crooked timber of humanity, not a straight is made." -- Immanuel Kant
- "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain an idea without accepting it." -- Aristotle
- "A mind all logic is like a knife all blade; It makes the hand bleed that wields it." — Rabindranath Tagore
- "You cannot teach a man anything, you can only help him to find it within himself." -- Galileo Galilei
- "Writing is easy, just open your editor and bleed." -- Adapted from Hemmingway
- "There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." -- Ernest Hemingway
- "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams
- "The trouble with having an open mind is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -- Terry Pratchett
- "Brevity is the soul of wit" -- Shakespeare from Hamlet
- "Confidence — it's the food of the wise man, but the liquor of the fool." -- Vikram?
- "Those tears, that anger, cast into the past, deplete our moral energy for the present" -- Howard Zinn
- "We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars."
- "Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is."
- "I am not young enough to know everything."
- "Be yourself; everyone else is taken."
- "A man who does not think for himself does not think at all."
- "Experience is merely the name men gave to their mistakes."